Friday, April 9, 2010

Tulsa cornerback Destin gaining momentum

When you think about Oklahoma cornerbacks you don’t think of Tulsa first in your mind, but Tulsa has one of the fast rising players in this years draft in cornerback John Destin. He had a very good senior season with 44 total tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 4 interceptions and 5 pass break-ups, and then followed it up with a great Pro Day.

“This process has been crazy, I had no clue how it all was going to be, but the coaches at Tulsa told me if I had a good Pro Day then I would get some looks,” said Destin.

Well he did have a good Pro Day he was 5-foot-11 7/8, and 191 pounds, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds, the three-cone drill in 6.82-seconds, and the short shuttle 4.15-seconds. He measured a 34-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 1-inch broad jump, and did 16 bench-press repetitions of 225 pounds.

“I think Pro Day answered a lot of questions about my speed, the position drills show how fluid my hip are,” said Destin.

Destin has gathered some momentum and has turned his Pro Day workout into a personal workout with the Miami Dolphins and also has one schedule with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

But Destin knows that it is very hard to predict what is going to happen in the NFL Draft, and you only can control what you can do.

“The thing about this process is that you have no clue about what the coaches, and scouts are thinking in their war room, so you just have to control what you can,” said Destin. “I will bring a lot of physicality to the position, and I have a lot of confidence and I am a very hard worker.”

One thing we do know is that Destin will be able to show his physical skills this summer in a NFL teams training camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment