Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nicholls State Daniels could be a special team’s demon

Dominique Daniels of Nicholls State is an under rated defensive back who can play both corner and safety at the next level, who last season had 42 total tackles, 1 interception, 5 pass break-ups, and 6 passes defended.

“I can play cornerback, safety, punt returner, kick return, on special teams, I have good size and speed,” said Daniels.

Daniels does have good size at almost 6-2 and 190 pounds, and also is very explosive showing that with a 10-foot-2 inch broad jump and a 34-inch vertical jump.

But one things that Daniels has going for him is that he has already start working out with current guys in the NFL, with the likes of wide receiver Robert Meachem, corner back Tracy Porter, safety Chip Vaughn all of the Super Bowl winning New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans wide receiver Jacoby Jones every day at the training complete that Daniels was at to get ready for his Pro Day.

“Meachem has helped me get an idea of what he looks for when he is going against a cornerback, and what things he use to tip him off,” said Daniels. “It helps me to learn what a wide receiver is looking for so I can make adjustments. Jones has given me tips on the return game both as a punt return and kick returned.”

Daniels has had personal workouts with both the Saints and Atlanta Falcons leading up to the NFL Draft.

“The Falcons put me thru a long workout both as a defensive back and as a punt and kickoff returner,” said Daniels.

Daniels will have an opportunity to make an NFL teams not just as a defensive back, but what he can do on specials teams, both in the return game and the coverage units.

“I know when I get into a camp, I will be able to play on a team with having an opportunity on both punt and kick returns, but I can play cornerback,” said Daniels. “I am a competitive person.”

No comments:

Post a Comment