Wednesday, April 14, 2010

TCU Richmond not a sleeping giant

TCU offensive tackle Nick Richmond has been one of the busier players this off-season visiting a number of teams including the New England Patriots, the Chicago Bears, the San Diego Chargers, the Oakland Raiders and the Dallas Cowboys. The reason is because it is hard to find 6 foot 7 inch tall offensive tackles with good feet and long arms and that is what Richmond has.

At TCU Pro Day, Richmond measured in at his Pro Day with a height of 6078, 310 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 5.24 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.81 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.01 seconds. He also completed 19 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press, and had 36’’ arms.

Richmond had his chance to show his skills at the Texas vs. the Nation game and took full advantage of it.

“At the Texas vs. the Nation game, I think get me an opportunity to show scouts what type of player and person I am,” said Richmond. “I show them that I am a team player and I want to help the team in anyway possible. I can both sides both right and left tackle, and my determination is another one of my biggest strengths.”

But Richmond knows that he can improve his game and his overall ability.

“I think in run blocking I can continue to get stronger in my lower body to be able to stay of my blocks longer, and in pass blocking I just need to make sure my feet are under me in good balance,” said Richmond.

With Richmond traveling all over the county to meet with different teams, not every visit has been the same.

“With the team work outs I have been to it has been different, some teams want you work you out and see how you stack up against the other tackles, and other teams just want to chat it up and get to know you as a person,” said Richmond.

The draft process hasn’t always easy for Richmond, but he know it is once in a lifetime opportunity.

“This process has been stressful at times, but it is a good strain on your mind,” said Richmond. “You only have one time to go through this process, so you have to give it all you got, and I am just going to keep being me no matter what happens.”

Well what will happen is that Nick Richmond will get a shot to play in the NFL for some team and that team will be very happy they gave Richmond a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment