Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tim Knicky, outside linebacker here we come

Stephen F Austin defense end Tim Knicky is one of the small school diamond in the rough for the 2010 NFL Draft, that some fans might not know about but the NFL scout sure do. The scouts showed up for Knicky’s Pro Day where he was 6-4 252 pounds and ran the 40 yard dash in 4.63-to-4.67 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.12 seconds, the three cone drill in 6.91 seconds. He measured a 33.5 inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-8 inch broad jump and benched 225, 17 times.

“I am glade that the Pro Day stuff is over, and now I can get back to being a football player, not a track guy,” Knicky said.

Well Knicky did a great job and showed NFL scouts that he can de an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense with his workout at his Pro Day.

“Most teams are looking me as a 3-4 outside linebacker, but there are some that think I can play 4-3 defensive end if I gain some weight,” said Knicky. “I didn’t drop a lot in college, but playing in the Texas vs. the Nation game help show scouts that I can drop in to coverage and move around.”

Knicky had a very productive college career and as a junior was an AP Third-Team All-America selection. He finished eighth in the nation in tackles for losses and fifth in the country in sacks. He had 74 total tackles, 20.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. This past season had 41 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks.

Knicky isn’t worried about draft day and what will happen he is just looking forward to getting to work.

“I know if I worry about it, that isn’t going to get me drafted, or drafted any higher,” said Knicky. “If I get drafted or sign as a free-agent, I need to go in there and work and make my name then.”

With a number of teams moving to the 3-4 defense, Knicky pass rushing skills will be in high demand and has a few visit already set-up with NFL teams. Watch for Knicky come draft weekend to be draft to one of those teams that play a 3-4 defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment