Saturday, March 27, 2010

Safety Aaron Webster a man on a mission


University of Cincinnati S Aaron Webster is a man on a mission, while the offense got all the credit for the success that Cincinnati had this season, Webster was holding the defense down and was third on the team in total tackles with 69, had 2 tackles for loss and he lead the team in interceptions with 4. He also had 5 pass break-ups and 9 passes defended with lead the team in both. He came to the Texas vs. the Nation game with one thing in mind that was to show the scouts that he could play at the next level.

“I haven been doing (defensive backs) drills, and more drills, I know that the coaches, trainers and scouts looks at everything in great details,” said Webster. “I need to show that I can cover, both in man to man and cover two, run support is my biggest strength but I need to show I can play in passing schemes.”

Webster wasn’t a combine invite, but should have been after his Pro Day where he measured in at a height of 6012, 208 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.49 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.22 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.72 seconds, he did the 60 yard shuttle in 11.90. He measured a 33.5-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-3 broad jump. He also had 21 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Webster trained at D-1 in Cincinnati and graduated from Cincinnati in three and half years so he would be able to focus on football.

“It was tough taking 18 credits a semester even during football season, but it is worth it now,” Webster said. “Football now is my job from 6 am to 8 pm, now that Pro Day is done, I have been training on getting better in my defensive back skills and my conditioning.”

Webster doesn’t plan on watching the NFL Draft and will just relax and wait for a call from the NFL team that drafts him.

“You can’t control who drafts you, I only can control my work ethic and what I can do on the football field to get better,” said Webster.

Webster is a hard worker and a good overall athlete that would be a great addition to any NFL team. He will be a great special teams player as he learns the NFL defense and refines his coverage skills and will be able to do that because he has great instincts and football IQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment