Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perrilloux long road hopeful will pay off

The road to the NFL has been a long road for quarterback of Ryan Perrilloux of Jacksonville State who was on the 2007 National Championship team at LSU. But because of off the field issues transfer from LSU to Jacksonville State and as a junior he started all 11 games was responsible for 26 touchdowns, including 19 passing and 7 rushing which earned Second-Team All-OVC and OVC All-Newcomer Honors after completing 187 of his 297 passes for 2,318 yards. This season passed for 2,350 yards and 23 touchdowns and only threw 2 interceptions the whole season. He also rushed for 443 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Perrilloux knows what he needs to work on as far as the NFL is concerned.

“In this process, NFL teams have asked me if I could come in a handle being a 4th string quarterback, and I have told them yes, I just want to have an opportunity to compete,” said Perrilloux. “I can’t change the mistake that have made in the past, but I can make sure that they don’t happen again.”

Perrilloux knows he needs to show that he can lead and be more mature then he was early in his college career.

“I need to prove that I can lead a football team and show my maturity,” said Perrilloux. “I have done counseling for a year and half to work on my decision making skills and my leadership skills.”

That is the biggest question marks for NFL scouts and teams it is not his athletic ability. Perrilloux measured in at his Pro Day with a height of 6022, 226 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.79 seconds, 4.51 short shuttle, and 7.30-second three-cone drill. He measured a 30-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-3 broad jump. The conditions where not perfect at the Pro Day as it was raining why they where conducting it.

Perrilloux has been training with Sam Morris the same trainer that has worked with NFL great quarterback Brett Farve and the late Steve McNair.

“I have been training with him and making sure I am in shape when my name is called and I get my opportunity,” said Perrilloux. “I think my best asset that I will bring to a team is my competiveness and wanting to win.”

It has been a long road for Ryan Perrilloux, but with his overall ability as a quarterback and showing that he is more mature, he could one of the biggest steals in this year draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment