Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crompton no NFL Combine, no problem

Tennessee quarterback Jonathan Crompton after his senior season many thought he was lock to go to the NFL Combine and after his performance at the Texas vs. the Nation game there was no doubt about it. Well he never got that invite.

“It was a bummer that is for sure, but God has a plan,” said Crompton. “I think it ultimately it helped me because not a lot of the guys threw at the combine and it helped me to get a number of teams at my Pro Day.”

As a senior Crompton leading Tennessee to the Chick-fil-A Bowl and he ended his senior season with 2,800 passing yards and 27 touchdowns and completed 58 percent of his passes.

“This year’s offensive system was my favorite offense because it was an NFL system,” said Crompton.

Crompton knows he needs to keep working to be the player he wants to be.

“I just need to make sure I stay on top of everything, every aspect of playing quarterback,” said Crompton. “I listen to all my coaches and am a very coachable player.”

At Crompton Pro Day he ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.85 seconds, he ran the short shuttle in 4.35 seconds, and the 3-cone drill 6.94 seconds. He measured a 31-inch vertical jump, a 8-foot-10 inch broad jump. He threw the football well and showed he has the ability to be a start quarterback in the NFL.

“We scripted all the throws at my Pro Day and I thought I did well,” said Crompton. “I’m now just staying in shape, lifting, running and throwing everyday.”

Crompton has five workout with NFL teams and a possible sixth where he will go to the NFL team facility to meet with the teams coaching staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment