Thursday, November 12, 2009

5 Text Message from NFL Scouts



Here are the five best text messages I have received from NFL scouts this week in regards to the upcoming NFL Draft. I will try to add this weekly, if I get relative information.

1. “WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati has moved to our # 1 overall senior wide receiver” Comment: He has played better then Brandon LaFell, of LSU, but I still think that LaFell will be a better wide receiver in the NFL then Gilyard when it is all said and done and think that he will end up getting drafted higher.

2. “LB Eric Norwood, South Carolina is our # 2 overall OLB.” Comment: True I did receive this from a team that plays a 4-3 defense and with that said I agree since both Ricky Sapp of Clemson and Sergio Kindle of Texas who I have a head of Norwood are more likely 3-4 OLB not 4-3 OLB.

3. “We expect over 50 underclassmen to declare.” Comment: I agree it could be a record number of underclassmen that declare since the NFL might change how they pay rookies with the new CBA.

4. “With another injury DE Greg Hardy stock has really slipped” Comment: This was a guy who if he left last year would have been one of the first defense ends drafted, now he might slip to the second round.

5. WR Blair White, MSU might have made the biggest jump up the board this season so far at the WR position” Comment: He is a guy that I liked last year, I think he runs good routes and has good hands, the question will be how good overall speed does he have.

You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jvanfulpen

No comments:

Post a Comment