1. Jared Crick, Nebraska – Crick has great size, strength and quickness which allows to make plays in the run game as well rushing the passer. He is not Ndamukong Suh, but is a very good player, who last season had 70 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, and 9.5 sacks.
2. Kheeston Randall, Texas – Randall is very good against the run but needs to improve his pass rush ability. He has good strength to take on double teams and can be a force at the point of attack. Last season he had 39 total tackles, 13 tackles for loss, and 1 sack.
3. Billy Winn, Boise State – Winn was a high school wrestler which is usually a good sign when looking at defensive linemen because of wrestler skills being able to translate on to the football field. He is a very stronger and physical player who shows up at the point of attack. Last season he had 28 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, and 4.5 sacks.
4. Tydreke Powell, North Carolina – Powell is a powerful player with good size for a defensive tackle. He is a good athlete who you would like to see make more impact plays on defense. Last season he had 47 total tackles, 3 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks.
5. Kendall Reyes, Connecticut – Reyes is a good overall athlete and in high school played wide receiver. He has the ability to have an outstanding senior season because of his ability to penetrate and get in the backfield and make plays. Last season he had 39 total tackles, 10 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks.
6. Josh Chapman, Alabama – Chapman plays nose tackle in Alabama’s 3-4 defense and is has the ability to eat up blocker and allow his linebackers behind him to make plays. He does have some quickness and is very good against the run as well. Last season he had 31 total tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, and 1 sack.
7. Brandon Thompson, Clemson – Thompson is a big, thick player who does a good job being an anchor against the run. He does a good job against the run and taking up space allowing other to make plays around him, needs to get better at rushing the passer. Last season he had 56 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, and 1 sack.
8. Jaye Howard, Florida – Howard is a big, physical player who is a good athlete and has some pass rush ability but better against the run. He does a good job take on double teams at the point of attack. Last season he had 29 total tackles, 12 tackles for loss, and 3 sacks.
9. Alameda Ta'amu, Washington - Ta'amu is a space eater at close to 330 pounds and has the ability to take on the double team. He doesn’t have great pass rush skills but is very powerful and keeps offensive linemen from getting to the second level to be able to block the linebackers. Last season he had 39 total tackles, 5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks.
10. Renard Williams, Eastern Washington – Williams is a little undersized but makes up for the lack of great size with good quickness and does a good job penetrating to get into the backfield. He will fit best in a Tampa-Two type defense at the next level. Last season he had 54 total tackles, 13 tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks.
11. Mike Daniels, Iowa
12. Mike Martin, Michigan
13. Logan Harrell, Fresno State
14. Armond Armstead, USC
15. Devon Still, Penn State
16. Tony Jerod-Eddie, Texas A&M
17. Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
18. Travian Robertson, South Carolina
19. Micanor Regis, Miami (FL)
20. DeAngelo Tyson, Georgia