Wednesday, October 28, 2009

5 Text Message from NFL Scouts



Here are the five best text messages I have received from NFL scouts this week in regards to the upcoming NFL Draft. I will try to add this weekly, if I get relative information.

1. “QB Dan LeFevour CMU has moved up to our second overall rated senior quarterback” – Comment: I have heard this from a number of people in the scouting business, I still have him as my number four senior quarterback, behind Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow and Tony Pike. But I am going to go back and watch some more film on him, and he might be moving up on my board as well.

2. “RB Brandon West Western Mich., might be someone to keep your eyes on as a 3rd down back, KR” – Comment: Went back and checked some tape out this guys could be a late round pick, undrafted rookie free-agent, depends on his 40 yard dash time, and other workout numbers. But catches the ball well and could bring some benefit to a team.

3. “With this ruling WR Dez Bryant is coming out, not much tape on him this season.” – Comment: Yes I agree he is coming out early, scouts are going to go back to his sophomore season for more film, and will want to talk with him about the incident. I don’t think anything will change he still should be a very high first round pick.

4. “We have DE Jerry Hughes, TCU as a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB as many think that is what he will play” – Comment: I agree, I don’t think that Hughes has coverage skills to play OLB in a 3-4, and I think he has the size to play the run as a 4-3 defensive end and that is what many people are questioning.

5. “TE Anthony McCoy, USC has moved to our number one overall senior tight end” – Comment: I don’t know if he is the number one overall senior tight end, true Jermaine Gresham is hurt, but I think he and Ed Dickson, who is a better blocker the McCoy are better then McCoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment